BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

The EnD oF a SemEsTeR, FaMiliAr FaCeS, aNd CHriStmAs


Over the past two months or so, Gretel and I have become two ships passing in the night. With Holiday hours, Gretel's days are long and demanding and with my semester ending, I confronted my first series of finals and grade submissions for my T/A - adjunct work. We both are looking forward to Christmas coming and going, so that we can finally feel like a family again. Although weakend due to stress, we remain strong and united; needless to say, Atticus Boo is the "gorilla" glue that binds us.
Also, Joel Larson (the "JBL") and Courtney "Sauna" Echols, recently flew East and visited. We celebrated Joel's 27th birthday by touring Independence hall, the birth place of the United States, and the Liberty Bell; WOW, What an amazing experience! Humbled, we both sat in the very halls once occupied by George Washington, Franklin, Hancock, etc.,etc.,etc., as they drafted the Declaration of Independence and later the Constitution of the United States. Nearly two and a half centuries later, both the Hall and the Bell continue to demand respect and signify freedom.
..........Oh ya, I passed my classes too!!!!!

2 comments:

Human Bean said...

You can't stop night from coming, just keep those fog lights on so you don't ever lose track of each other. ;-)
I love and miss you guys. Hang in there!

Loraine said...

I love a great historical experience. Atticus is beautiful!