BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

HaPPy BiRtHDaY tO AttICuS!!!!!!




It's true, Sir Atticus of Ainslie turns two today! Atticus, as I am sure many of you know, is my velcro. The second we got Atticus, we were smitten (me probably a little more...with "a little" being an understatement). A little bear cub that hated us for two days until finally feeling comfortable enough to roll over onto his back and snore. Little did we know this combination would soon become his trademark (Snoring and sleeping © of Atticus Industires). He has grown into a beautiful animal (sometimes resembling a bear and others a silver back gorilla...others a pain in the ...) and over the course of two years Atticus has become my partner in crime, my amigo, and aside form Gretel, my best friend. He is a constant companion, albeit a filthy, shedding companioin, but literally one that keeps me sane in an otherwise insane Philadelphia. Now that Atticus is two and Gretel is pregnant, he has made the sacred journey into manhood. He is gentle giant with Gretel (although I am still fair game for a little roughing up), and has begun to guard our house with pride, something he has never done until Gretel became prgnant. We are not sure if he would ever do anything, but let me tell you...it is a frightening sight if he doesn't approve of you approach to the house. As Lord Byran brilliantly stated about his Newfoundland, Atticus too is "Beauty without Vanity,Strength with out Insolence,Courage without Ferocity,And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices." So Happy birthday Handsome!! We love you and would be lost without you!!!!!

2 comments:

Human Bean said...

Aw! Happy Birthday Sir Atticus! We love you and feel safe knowing you stand as a sentry to our Gretel.

In the words of Sir Knox of Lakeshore: "Happee Berfday Ackkis! He's a dog, and he's my buddy. He likes me!"

havalicious said...

Happy borscht day to Atticus!!! Of course his gigantic size makes was for gigantic LOVE!!